If you’re looking for an easy lunch recipe or for a dish you can bring to a cookout this Spring, then look no further. This colorful strawberry and blueberry spinach salad is not only delicious, but it’s quick to put together and it’s a salad you’ll actually want to eat it. Sometimes, when I have a sweet tooth, I’ll make this instead of diving into the vegan ice cream and I’ve found it actually satisfies that sweet craving for me.
I’ve made this salad more times than I count and it truly never gets old. Often times, I’ll quickly make it as a side dish for dinner. If you’re not vegan and want to add protein, you can top it with blackened shrimp (or another protein of your choice) and it’ll take it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Bag Of Fresh Baby Spinach (8-9 oz)
Brianna’s Home-style Poppy Seed Dressing
1 8-9 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of strawberries
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1/3 vegan feta block (crumbled)
- 1/2- 1 cup of Brianna’s Home-style Poppyseed Dressing
Rinse and dry all produce
1. Empty spinach into a large salad bowl
2. Slice strawberries, dispose the stems
3. Add strawberries to the bowl of spinach
4. Add blueberries to the bowl of spinach and strawberries
5. Take the vegan feta and crumble it with your fingers atop the salad (reminder to wash your hands before & after this step)
6. Sprinkle slices almonds over entire salad
7. Drizzle Brianna’s dressing to taste (start with 1/2 a cup of dressing, because it’s really sweet and a little goes with a long way. Add in more if needed)
8. Toss salad until entire bowl is lightly coated in dressing
I’d love to hear if you end up trying this recipe and what you think. So, let me know and be sure to tag me on Instagram @its_melanie_thomas!