If you like bagel and lox, then you’ll love this easy breakfast idea. Not only is this avocado toast recipe really easy to make, but it’s packed with protein and it’s dairy free.
I’m all about saving time and making life easier, so I always make this after cooking a salmon dish for dinner the night before. I just bake an extra salmon filet and save it in an airtight storage container. Fun fact: baked salmon lasts 1 day longer than raw salmon (that is usually used for bagel and lox), so after making salmon for dinner and cooking an extra filet, you’ll be able to make this for the next three days for breakfast. Believe me, you’ll have no problem eating it 3 days in a row.
Bake a salmon filet the night before
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon (skin side down) on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake about 12 to 15 minutes
- Wait for salmon to cool off before placing it in an airtight container. Then store it in the fridge
TOTAL TIME (if salmon is baked prior)
WHAT YOU NEED
Baked salmon filet
INGREDIENTS (divide each ingredient between the two slices of toast)
2 slices of Dave’s Killer Bread Good Seed
1 tablespoon Kite Hill cream cheese (divided)
1/2 avocado (divided)
1/3 of baked salmon filet (divided)
2 teaspoons of Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (divided)
crushed fresh pepper to taste (divided)
1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup of sprouts (divided)
Bake salmon the night prior. This recipe is all about making morning’s easier.
1. Toast the bread to your liking
2. Spread the vegan cream cheese on both slices
3. Scoop out half the flesh of an avocado and divide it between the two slices (pressing with the knife to
mash and spread it)
4. Using a fork, pick apart the salmon filet and place pieces on top of the avocado toast
5. Sprinkle both slices with the Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
6. Grind fresh pepper over both slices
7. Drizzle olive oil back-and-forth over both slices
8. Top the slices with sprouts
I’d love to hear if you end up trying this recipe and what you think. So, let me know and be sure to tag me on Instagram @its_melanie_thomas!